A super light fireproof board. The closest familiar substance would be cuttlefish shell:
- It is easily dented by fingernail, but
- Cannot be deformed by finger pressure.
- It is not brittle; a hammer blow will dent tit not shatter it.
- It will absorb lots of water but still float.
- It willtake an impression.
- It will easily accept nails and drywall screws.
- It has negligible abrasion resistance; can be cut, filed and sanded.
- It is so non-toxic as to be edible.
- It is non-flammable, and gives off only a small amount of vapours when heated.
- It has good acoustic properties.
- The density is around 0,4kg / litre.
Development no. 102113